Highlighted
SabarnaDeb
3 Argentium

Authentication error (0:5:111) error during Online Oracle DB backup using NMO 5.0

Jump to solution

Hi,

larger database backup have been failing with below error.

channel CH5: starting piece 1 at 06-JUN-12

RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on CH4 channel at 06/07/2012 05:24:16

ORA-27192: skgfcls: sbtclose2 returned error - failed to close file

ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:

Authentication error (0:5:111)

continuing other job steps, job failed will not be re-run

channel CH4: starting full datafile backup set

channel CH4: specifying datafile(s) in backup set

Kindly suggest...........

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ble1
6 Indium

Re: Authentication error (0:5:111) error during Online Oracle DB backup using NMO 5.0

Jump to solution

Sabarna_Deb wrote:

I disabled nsrauth in client and storage node. I will start backup...lets see

Hopefully you did the same on backup server too (and you must restart daemons after that for change to take effect).

I have seen this on two different occasions:

a) nsrauth

b) client has been ugraded and there was an issue with NMDA/NMO licenses (server was lower version and client was higher using NMDA)

However, in both cases if I remeber correctly (for b) for sure) this error would happen imediatelly. In you case, it looks more as if control session is killed by timeout of some kind (firewall, TCP_KEEPALIVE, similar).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
coganb
3 Cadmium

Re: Authentication error (0:5:111) error during Online Oracle DB backup using NMO 5.0

Jump to solution

Hi,

If the problem only happens on larger backups, then you should implement a tcp keepalive.  For details of this, you can look at the Configuring TCP Networks and Network Firewalls for EMC NetWorker technical note page 29 which explains how to implement this for each OS.

If this doesn't fix it, increase the debug level on the backup and check the debug log for more detail around the error message.  You do this by adding NSR_DEBUG_LEVEL and NSR_DEBUG_FILE to the parms.

-Bobby

0 Kudos
SabarnaDeb
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Bebo2k
3 Zinc

Jump to solution

Hi Sabarna_Deb,

I think this error produced because of a miscommunication between NMO and NetWorker client, This error is not related to RMAN, it is either the nsrauth , or the username and password you are using for backups has been changed ( Permissions ). I believe by disabling the nsrauth ( As you done already ) this behavior will be changed and fixed, otherwise double check the username and password you are using for backing up.

Hope this helps you. Waiting your updates.

Thanks,

Ahmed Bahaa

0 Kudos
SabarnaDeb
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

No Backup failed again. I am using current username:sys and password. Kindly suggest...........:)

0 Kudos
masonb
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

Sabarna Deb,

Do you have any ORA-xxxx messages? Has this backup ever worked or is it new installation?

Does the backup work when running the RMAN script manually?

Regards,

Bill Mason

0 Kudos
SabarnaDeb
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

Previously backup was working fine from networker . No Authentication error. From oracle end, backup is completing. larger database backup is failing, not for small database like "user" tablespace with control file. At the end, backup is failing...............

0 Kudos
ble1
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Sabarna_Deb wrote:

Hopefully you did the same on backup server too (and you must restart daemons after that for change to take effect).

I have seen this on two different occasions:

a) nsrauth

b) client has been ugraded and there was an issue with NMDA/NMO licenses (server was lower version and client was higher using NMDA)

However, in both cases if I remeber correctly (for b) for sure) this error would happen imediatelly. In you case, it looks more as if control session is killed by timeout of some kind (firewall, TCP_KEEPALIVE, similar).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
fx8282
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Change the tcp keepalive to 10,000 in the networker startup script on the backup server and restart networker.

This should solve it.

0 Kudos
SabarnaDeb
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

TCP_keepalive was already set. Now issue has been resolved.

Steps: 1. Delete NSR_Peer information from another oracle physical server paired of effected server (Oracle database in RAC enviroment) because i believe somewhere else second server was interrupting the backup from first oracle client.

2. Again configure oracle client using legacy method.