Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 20th, 2012 07:00

Auto Media Managment with adv_file & tape pools

I'm having issues trying to get this to work the way I think it should. I've got 2 adv_file type pools (OnsiteIncremental / OnsiteFull). These pools only accept certain backup levels and works great. But the issue I was having was that recyclable media was not being reused. So I enable AMM. This now causes the jobs to write to tape pools instead of the adv_file pool if they are busy. OK, so I change the target device on the above pools to only use certain adv_file targets. This settings does not allow me to mount tape labelled "OnsiteIncremental" so that I can clone it and relabel it.

So my question is how to I control where the data is written on and recycle media as needed?

76 Posts

June 20th, 2012 07:00

I think I figure it out. Instead of use the target device, I might need to use target media instead.

57 Posts

June 21st, 2012 05:00

You should be able to mount and lable a tape in OnsiteIncremental by selecting one of the tape drives in the target meida along with the adv file devices.

76 Posts

June 21st, 2012 06:00

that is what it is doing automaticatly because of auto media management. I don't want tapes to be used for those 2 pools.

No Events found!