Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 9th, 2015 20:00

Backup Oracle Rman by networker

hi everyone,

i am new networker. i have a question about backup oracle rman by networker:

i am using networker 8.2.0, now i want backup oracle by execute a  rman script exist on client via networker server.()

thanks

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

July 10th, 2015 23:00

hello nguyentm,

To achieve this you will have to use a module - NetWorker Module for Database application (NMDA). But installing and configuring this module on your Oracle server you would be able to backup Oracle data to NetWorker using RMAN. Please read the documents relevant to this module for the support site for more details,.

14.3K Posts

July 12th, 2015 06:00

- make sure you have or are licensed for that

- install NMDA package on client

- configure NMDA package as per documentation

- create RMAN script (or DBA should do it, but you must supply ENVs)

That's it.

9 Posts

July 14th, 2015 20:00

thks all,

yes, as you said, i have installed NMDA on oracle server, and i backuped oracle database using RMAN successfully via networker server using NMC.

because when i add new oracle client to netowker server, i must provide user and password of oracle server ( assume sys user) so i don't want like that,i want create oracle client without provide username and password and networker server execute a RMAN Script  which exist  on oracle server./

thanks in advance

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

July 14th, 2015 23:00

Excellent !! Please close the thread by making it as answered.

14.3K Posts

July 15th, 2015 00:00

If you don't want to provide user for backup, then Oracle DBA must authorize local system to get top Oracle rights.  That's not how it normally goes.  Oracle authentication might be set at couple of places and in your config you must adjust to that.

No Events found!