Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 17th, 2012 08:00

Backup complete ok, but NMC doesn't refresh

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a known issue with NMC not being able to refresh the status of the backup in NMC.  The behavior that we see goes ike this:

--> Backup group starts, job is being done, however, all savesets rest in the "waiting for execution" box at the top of the window.

NB : We must take notes, that the customer updated their DHCP and DNS infrastructure servers through the night of saturday and sunday.  This upgrade caused lots of issue to our NetWorker infrastructure as it is not all PTR that followed preventing like 125 servers from being able to conclude their Reverse DNS lookup.

If anyone has an idea, it would certainly be appreciated,

Thank you,

Christian

September 17th, 2012 21:00

Hi Christian,

Some times the issue can happen due to right version of Java not installed.

Hence, please check the Java version and make sure you have Java JRE 1.6 Update 26.

If older version is installed, then please uninstall it and install update 26.

Clear Java Cache.

Also stop networker services and rename the folders - nsrjobd,nsrladb and tmp folders.

After all the above steps are done, if you still face the same issue then we can take this further.

Thank you

ShivaKiran

2 Posts

September 18th, 2012 06:00

Hello ShivaKiran,

Thank you for your answer, i will certainly look into it.

I have new informations that may help identify the issue, the customer informed me that the normale behavior of the console is back to normal but with a long delay before the information appears.

Also, we were able to confirm that a NetWorker server in a Techno environnement working with the same console which with we have issue is working ok.

I'm just sending idea like that, could there be a process under the NetWorker server that collect the information to display in the console to be having problem ?

Thank you,

Christian

September 19th, 2012 21:00

Hi Christian,

Thank you for the update.

Is the Networker console is installed/redirected from a different machine to the server?

If that is the case, then there can be slow connection between the two machines which can be identified as the cause

Also, Right Java version is one of the cause

As mentioned in my previous post, Please rename the folders and that should improve the performace of NMC.Install the right Java version and Java clear cache.

Thank you

ShivaKiran

No Events found!