Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 7th, 2009 05:00

Backup for only one backup group fails.

My backup system  operated until recently when I had a sort of hardware problem, and problem with labels. I have two  backup groups: BACKUPFULL (only sunday) and BACKUPINC (every day except suday). Each server belongs to both  backup groups. The BackupFULL stop functioning and in "monitoring" there is the  yellow icon, which  means  backup status interruped. Press "Show details"   on "Monitoring"-"Groups"-MYBACKFULL  menu ; "Completed successfully" and "waiting to run" fields are empty.

savegrp -c myserver MYBACKFULL

That would skip backuping.

savegrp -l full -c myserver MYBACKFULL.

That would perform backup.

There is no relevant message on Sunday to why backup MYBACKFULL  group fails. BACKUPINC functions OK. I know that scheduling might be wrong according to the above, but I have checked everything involved with scheduling and I could not see any problem at all. There no message at "Event Viewer" as well.

Is there some procedure to test  that scheduler?

79 Posts

December 7th, 2009 12:00

Hi,

Try to re-create schedule involved to full backup. Sometimes, some resources go crazy, and this workaround fix them.

Regards.

14.3K Posts

December 7th, 2009 15:00

It doesn't mean that it failed.  It might be an nsrjobd issue which I also have seen happening (LGTsc30001).  From my analysis this happens when work list is not cleared up and NMC will report such group to have interrupted status.  In PL this is described under esg106307.

86 Posts

December 8th, 2009 02:00

I might sound silly but I could not find esg106307. LGTsc30001 as well. Ok it seems that you right, actually both polska18 and you. When I  have changed the  relevant schedule, it had  begun to successfully back up  to the middle of the list  and then it stops with the  message "Media Event cleared: Waiting for 1 writable volumes...." It actually  came to 100% of the mounted volume. I dismounted the full volume and replace it with empty one, but sistem would not carry on..."
No Events found!