Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 10th, 2013 18:00

Backup issue after changing NetWorker server IP (Solaris 10)

I have changed the IP of a NetWorker server (solaris10). After that the backups are failing with two error messages:

39077:save: error, no matching devices for save of client `backupserver'; check storage nodes, devices or pools

5777:save: Cannot open save session with backupserver

I have done:

update both server and client hosts file;

force storage node on client;

restart client services;

restart server services;

restart both servers;

restart library;

re-configured device;

checked auth methods nsrla;

runned save -D3 mode - nsrmmd_auth error showed.

no luck at all... could someone please help me?

My Networker version is 7.3 and there is no more support from EMC =/

December 11th, 2013 01:00

Firstly, welcome to the forums, and above all, thank you for being an EMC customer.

Please consider moving this question as-is (no need to recreate) to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and can go unanswered for a long time.

You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select: "NetWorker Support Forum".

NetWorker Support Forum

23 Posts

December 11th, 2013 02:00

Most likely the clientid for your server changed which can lead to such problems. Check it with mminfo by running:

mminfo -q client=server_hostname -r clientid

and:

mminfo -q client=server_fqdn_hostname -r clientid

The values should be identical, if they are not you just found the cause of the problem. We can discuss how to fix it once you do the test above.

5 Posts

December 11th, 2013 03:00

yes, the same... i just changed the IP.... same hostname, nodename, domain, etc...

14.3K Posts

And IP change was done while NW was running?  I believe that one thing which has changed for sure is hostid as it may be related to IP - in that case your server would be disabled (unless in eval mode) and it may explain messages you see.  If that would be the case, you should be able to see it from logs.  Actually, why don't you paste daemon.raw here which covers data before and after change (and try not to edit too much to make our search for culprit easier).

23 Posts

Seems it is not the case, although I find it strange that it does not show any output when using FQDN.

Can the server back up its own data?

5 Posts

No, it can't.

When try to save server own data the message is the same:

1 retry attempted

save: error, no matching devices for save of client `server.domain.com; check storage nodes, devices or pools

save: Cannot open save session with server.domain.com

5 Posts

using server_name i got a client id, something like:

# mminfo -q client=server -r clientid

xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx

using FQDN no matches found:

# mminfo -q client=server.domain.com -r clientid

mminfo: no matches found for the query

14.3K Posts

Are you sure all /etc/hosts and DNS records have been updated correctly?  Is server name the same now when you check it in nsrwatch as it was before (note, hostname vs FQDN does matter)?

5 Posts

December 11th, 2013 04:00

yes... same issue...

173 Posts

December 11th, 2013 04:00

Did you try to stop networker client and delete files in /nsr/tmp directory??

Regards

Lukas

173 Posts

December 12th, 2013 04:00

Maybe I didn’t wrote it exactly, you have to stop all NetWorker services on NetWorker server including nsrexecd and than on the networker server delete files in /nsr/tmp.

Check daemon.raw is good start to solve this issue.

Regards

Lukas

No Events found!