Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 1st, 2014 02:00

Backup of Oracle 12C

Hello

I am looking for information about how to backup an Oracle 12c database(12.1) with Networker 8.1.1.

I receive the error message "Database connection failed for database: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges" after I have specified my "Target Database Credentials". The user I try to backup with has the sysbackup roll, do the user need more privileges?

Is there any specific documentation somewhere regarding backup of Orale 12c with Networker?

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

April 3rd, 2014 01:00

You cannot update the lockbox manually.

Yes NW 8.0 and higher with NMDA 1.6 is supported for Oracle 12 R1.

268 Posts

April 1st, 2014 08:00

Refer to this document link, it might help you to troubleshoot this issue.

https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-23787

Regards,
Prajith

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

April 2nd, 2014 00:00

I generally supply the "sysadmin" user for creating the Oracle backup configuration using the client configuration wizard. These credentials are locked up in the lock box and cannot be read so it pretty secure.

5 Posts

April 2nd, 2014 05:00

Thank you for all the answers. It is during the "client configuration wizard" I receive the error message regarding insufficient privileges. It is not possible to complete the wizard because of this problem and I can therefore not assign a RMAN script to it.

I would love to use the sysadmin user that would most likely solve my problem but the database administrators refuses to let me use this account for backup .

I have tried to copy an existing client and changed hostname and database. But when I perform the backup I receive this error message:

Unable to obtain the user credentials from the lockbox due to the following error: 'Failed to retrieve item ORCL_TARGET:databasename:backupuser from lockbox /nsr/lockbox/databasehost1.local.net/clb.lb'.Confirm that the user 'backupuser' on the host 'databasehost1.local.net' is in the Users attribute of the lockbox resource.

Is it possible to manually put a new secret in a lockbox?

Is networker 8.1.1 really compatible with Oracle 12.1?

5 Posts

April 4th, 2014 00:00

Thank you for all help! I noticed that I only have NMDA 1,5 on the Oracle server. After upgrade of NMDA to 1.6 I am able to finish the "client configuration wizard".

But the backup still not working, I am receiving error "ORA-01031: insufficient privileges" in the logs. I have tried to specify the connect strings according to:

How to Troubleshoot error "ORA-01031: insufficient privileges" during Oracle Backup?

But I still receive the error message. Could the be because my Oracle user is named C##backupuser?(because of the special character #)

5 Posts

April 4th, 2014 05:00

This is solved!!! An upgrade of NMDA to 1.6 and placing the backup user in the SYSDBA and SYSBACKUP groups solved the problem!

Thank you everyone for the help!! I am really happy that this is solved!

No Events found!