Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

October 22nd, 2010 06:00

Backup policy

Hi

How can i backup all the directories of a filesystem through monday to friday except one particular directory and on

saturday to backup all the directories of the filesystem including this particular directory?

i have created groups for each day of the week, and a client has been associated with them.

The problem that i have is that i can't configure the client to be backup-ed full each day of the week

except a particular directory and on saturday to be backup-ed full including this particular directory...

any ideas?

thanks

123 Posts

Hello,

You just need to have 2 groups and 2 client instance. One client instance need to be configured with a directive to skip the files and create the schedule to skip on saturdays and sundays. The other group (saturday) will have client with saveset ALL and schedule to run only on saturday. rest all days skip.

Regards,

Arun

445 Posts

Osk,

You say you have groups for each day, not sure why this is necessary unless your using different pools and/or start times? Basically you need one client definition with a directive to skip the directory in question link to a group/s for Sunday to Friday. Then another client definition for Saturdays backup without a directive linked to a group to start on Saturday only.

Regards,

Bill Mason

Hi

i have  a pool of tapes for each day of the week. Each pool is associated with a particular "day group" of clients.

for examples media pool monday belongs to monday group. all the clients in monday group are backup-ed using the tapes

in the pool monday. if i understood you correctly, you are telling me to create a new definition of the same client for

the scenario i described ? is it possible to create two client definitions of the same client??

thanks!

123 Posts

Yes you can create multiple client instances for the same client.

Regards,

Arun

445 Posts

October 22nd, 2010 07:00

As long as group is different (with same saveset) NetWorker will allow you to create multiple client instances for a specific node.

Regards,

Bill Mason

October 22nd, 2010 07:00

OK i did it. Thank you very much

No Events found!