Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 19th, 2020 07:00

Backups failing Windows server 2012r2

Hi, I recently migrated to server 2012 and have been having issues with networker backups. Unable to start networker remote exec service and snapshot mgmt service. Also i am unable to open nsradmin. when i try to open nsradmin, this is the output: 

C:\>nsrports

173680:nsrports: RPC client handle: No connection could be made because the targ

et machine actively refused it.

172089:nsrports: Unable to create the connection with 'portmapper' to host 'loca

lhost6' with address '::1' at port number 7938.

173677:nsrports: Check whether the client services are running on the host '::1'

173680:nsrports: RPC client handle: No connection could be made because the targ

172089:nsrports: Unable to create the connection with 'portmapper' to host 'loca

lhost' with address '127.0.0.1' at port number 7938.

173677:nsrports: Check whether the client services are running on the host '127.

0.0.1'.

145072:nsrports: Unable to get port range from local nsrexecd: Failed to initial

ize ports using nsrexecd on ________: Remote system error - No such fil

e or directory

lhost6' with address '::1' at port number 7938.

173677:nsrports: Check whether the client services are running on the host '::1'

lhost' with address '127.0.0.1' at port number 7938.

173677:nsrports: Check whether the client services are running on the host '127.

0.0.1'.

146730:nsrports: Unable to connect to nsrexecd on host ________: Remote

system error - No connection could be made because the target machine actively

refused it.

This is the what i found in the daemon log;

nsrexecd RAP critical Attributes 'name' and/or 'my hostname' of the NSRLA resource do not resolve to the machine's hostname 'wpccda02.upgf.com'. To correct the error, it may be necessary to delete the NSRLA database.

Please advise!

2.4K Posts

May 20th, 2020 03:00

So - what are you talking about if you say 'migration' - a NW client (I guess) or the NW server? - And the NW versions are also helpful.

To me it looks as if there are 3 issues involved: hostname/IP resolution, the servers file and the host/peer entries which are stored in the nsrladb directory.

If the first 2 issues are working fine, you should rename/delete the nsrladb directory on the client and restart the NW services (as suggested by the message) - the db will will be re-build automatically.

No Events found!