Highlighted
karelkunz
1 Copper

Re: CLP license CLP-UE-15 (CLP Update License):Can't find license file

Thank you for providing this very helpful hint Greg. After an unsuccessful 90 minute chat and a WebEx with EMC support earlier today, I found your post and had my NW 9 server running with the new EMC CLP server in no time.

I wonder why EMC Licensing will generate the license file in a "IP_RandomNumber_Date.lic" format (instead of dpa.lic as it's stated in the licspecs.properties file). On page 33 of the NW 9 Licensing Guide EMC clearly recommends NOT to change the licensing file name; however, without matching the license file name with the one pre-defined in the licspecs properties file, your NW server will NEVER obtain its license.

Best regards, -Karel Kunz

BTW: Is the licspecs file a new feature for NW 9.0.0.3? I don't recall it with an earlier version of NW 9.

0 Kudos
smurugun
1 Copper

Hi Sreenath,

you have re rename the license file with dpa.lic and place the file on below locations,

C:\Program Files\EMC License Server\elms\licenses

C:\Program Files\EMC Networker\nsr\lic

open LMTOOLS -> config Services -> path to the license file and select the license, Then clieck Start/Stop/Reread tab -> Stop and Start the License Service, then Reread the license

then refresh the license on Networker by below,

Server Tab -> Select the Backup Server -> in middle column Click the " Server Properties " -> Select Licensing -> CLP refresh , Type "Yes" and Press OK.

now  go to Registrations, you can see your license registered

0 Kudos
AdiYogi
1 Copper

We have a running configuration of both license and server. we recently restarted the networker services and we see this error again.

I am unable to recollect the hierarchy of restarting the services

0 Kudos
ble1
6 Indium

Make sure license file is not empty - I have seen that happen (where content will be wiped out on backup server).

0 Kudos
AdiYogi
1 Copper

the license file is not empty, Hrvoje. I am unable to paste the content here but yes it is untouched and has all relevant information

0 Kudos