Highlighted
Maol1
1 Copper

Cannot perform level 'diff' backup because one or more of the SQL database(s) is part of the scheduled snapshot.

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm tryng to perform a level 1 (diff) backup of one big ms sql server instance.

Full are running good and also inc but the diff fail with this error:

Cannot perform level 'diff' backup because one or more of the SQL database(s) is part of the scheduled snapshot.

There's anyone that know this error? I'm sure that networker is the only software backing up this SQL.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CarlosRojas
4 Beryllium

Re: Cannot perform level 'diff' backup because one or more of the SQL database(s) is part of the scheduled snapshot.

Jump to solution

Hello Maol

I assume you are talking about VDI SQL bakcups, correct?

If so, I think the problem is that at least one DB is scheduled to be backed up also in another VSS based group (snapshot).

For example, you are backing up the SQL server with VDI backups, but you also have a SharePoint backup which is VSS based, which is backing up some of those DB? This is jus an example.

Please provide us some more details so that we can find out what is happening.

Please provide:

NMM version and build

SQL version

NW server version and build

Please check if the SQL DB's are scheduled in more than one group.

Also please note that VSS backups only support FULL level backups

Thank you,

Carlos

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CarlosRojas
4 Beryllium

Re: Cannot perform level 'diff' backup because one or more of the SQL database(s) is part of the scheduled snapshot.

Jump to solution

Hello Maol

I assume you are talking about VDI SQL bakcups, correct?

If so, I think the problem is that at least one DB is scheduled to be backed up also in another VSS based group (snapshot).

For example, you are backing up the SQL server with VDI backups, but you also have a SharePoint backup which is VSS based, which is backing up some of those DB? This is jus an example.

Please provide us some more details so that we can find out what is happening.

Please provide:

NMM version and build

SQL version

NW server version and build

Please check if the SQL DB's are scheduled in more than one group.

Also please note that VSS backups only support FULL level backups

Thank you,

Carlos

0 Kudos
Maol1
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hello, Carlos Rojas,

you're right there was another client with the same SS in one disabled group, i've deleted this and now seems to be working.

Lorenzo

0 Kudos