Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 20th, 2017 08:00

Cannot run nsrvadp_save: No such file or directory

Hi.

I used to Networker 8.2.3 and VADP proxy (same server as networker server).  I migrated to new version Networker 9.1.0.2 (upgrade mode). Now I have a problem, old VADP proxy don't work: Cannot run nsrvadp_save: No such file or directory

How I can resolve this problem  ?

91 Posts

February 20th, 2017 10:00

I have resolved a problem. A cause was in version VADP, I used Networker 9.1 client,  but Networker 9.1 doesn't have nsrvadp_save.

3 Posts

January 15th, 2018 06:00

I have the same issue after upgrading to Networker 9.2.1. But I don't understand why nsrvadp_save is not available any more - it is still described in the VMWare Integration Manual for version 9.2. How exactly I'm supposed run those VADP backups now after the upgrade?

Thanks

Werner

January 15th, 2018 08:00

Did you reboot the proxy while uninstalling the networker packages . It pops up for reboot .

3 Posts

January 16th, 2018 05:00

Yes, I did reboot - the problem is that the executable "nsrvadp_save.exe" is just not present in  "C:\Program Files\Legato\nsr\bin". I do have nsrvadp_recover.exe thought.

14.3K Posts

January 16th, 2018 14:00

I  believe in new version you are supposed to use vProxy approach.

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

January 16th, 2018 23:00

From what i know you will be able to recover the backups off the VADP but the newer backups will need to be configured via NvProxy.

January 17th, 2018 01:00

Yep it is better to move to vproxy. Vproxy is just datamover while as all config and meta data remains on networker. It just takes 5 mins to deploy vproxy and integrate with networker . Please note backup can go to data domain only .

3 Posts

January 17th, 2018 01:00

Thanks for all the replies - my impression also is that VADP only supports recoveries but no backups in 9.2.x - what confuses me is that even the 9.2.x VMWare integration manual explicitly mentions VADP recoveries AND backups and even mentions the use of "nsrvadp_save".

On 8.2.x. my Networker server also was the VADP proxy in order to do SAN based backups. Also the tape drives are connected to it via fibre channel so VADP basically is the only way in this setup to run VM backups without having to use the (relatively slow) network connections.

No Events found!