Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 18th, 2014 00:00

DATA DOMAIN Replication Rman ssid

Hi

I have a question if i do datadomain replication. Would Networker know about the ssid in the replicated area?

I am having issues where we have a client initiated backup via cron of Rman backups of oracle database.

When we run a delete obselete it does not see the ssid of the replicated directory.

would i have to run a scanner -i of the new area?

14.3K Posts

December 18th, 2014 01:00

NW will use DDBoost to replicate scheduled backups (server initiated) or classic read/write if not using DDBoost.  In those cases, because cloning is controlled by backup application, NW is aware of it.

When running client initiated backup, there is no automated cloning unless you have configured one.  In such case, if configured by NW, it will be aware of it.

If, you use DD replication outside NW knowledge, then NW is not owner not aware of this record.  In such case, you are not replicating ssids, but rather mtree/directory or whatever you use.  Most likely directory which is translated to device in NW world.  In that case, if you loose original device, you bring replicated one instead.

14.3K Posts

December 18th, 2014 03:00

Do you have to scan it?  Because this is replicated device and so it will be the same from the point of view of application as original... so all that is needed is to manually define device in NW (given that original device is gone - otherwise you may create corruption).

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

December 18th, 2014 03:00

NetWorker will be aware of the replicated SSID only in case Clone based replication, this feature is available only if DDboost is enabled and if the clone is controlled by the NetWorker server. If you are using any other method of replication then NetWorker will not be aware of the replicated data. as already mentioned you will have to mount the replicated device on NetWorker and run a scanner on it.  

No Events found!