Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 11th, 2016 16:00

Deleted Policy in Monitoring screen

Hello Guys,

When i delete a policy the name of the policy remains in the monitoring screen, is there any way of removing it from the monitoring screen ?

Using Networker 9.0.0.5 in Windows.

Thanks for the help.

26 Posts

May 11th, 2016 23:00

Hi,

We encountred the same issue multiples times, sometimes the policy arr greyed and sometimes they are not, we solved the issue by trying to restart the GST service and if doesn't resolve we restart the networker and it goes away.

Good Luck

2.4K Posts

May 11th, 2016 23:00

Well - I think this is normal.

- If you have not used it, then it will be deleted.

- Once it has run it of course needs to remain in the Monitoring window until the job entries have expired.

But I noticed that the policy (the whole path) will appear grey.

June 16th, 2017 08:00

That did not work for me. I even restarted the server and the grayed out Policy is still there

2.4K Posts

June 19th, 2017 02:00

The issue is that these entries are listed in the Jobs DB. And as long as they will not be removed from here, they are still valid, even if the resource itself does not exist any longer.

This is very similar like a valid save set created by an automatic backup:

- Just because you delete the group it will not affect the save set itself.

- However, you might delete the save set manually.

Unfortunately, you cannot manually change an entry in the Jobs DB.

So the only way is to wait until your Jobs DB Retention settings will allow NW to remove the entries by itself.

It will work. It just depends on your settings when this will happen.

4 Posts

September 20th, 2018 15:00

I have force removed them by cleaning the JobsDB.

Making sure no tasks are running first. Also make sure you have saved information regarding policy completion as this will be removed for all policies (JobsDB retention in hours).

CentOS:

stop networker service

# systemctl stop networker

copy jobsdb out should it require reinstating

# mv /nsr/res/jobsdb /root/jobsdb.20180921

copy tmp out should it require reinstating

# mv /nsr/tmp /root/tmp.20180921

re-start networker service

# systemctl start networker

jobsdb and tmp are recreated.

All policies will appear 'un-run' but the policies\workflows that were deleted from the Protection tab will be gone.

156 Posts

September 27th, 2018 05:00

What you did is basically renamed the JobsDB, so to clear may be few greyed out policy names you cleared all the Jobs DB despite of the retention you had.

Default Jobs DB retention set by NetWorker is 72 hours unless changed, if you wait for that many hours, greyed out policy will be automatically cleared.

4 Posts

September 30th, 2018 17:00

Unfortunately in my experience this was not the case. The greyed out jobs remained even after the retention period was passed.

No Events found!