Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

December 23rd, 2010 17:00

Determine Networker Job Dedupe through reports on netwroker console

Hi,

We are running EMC Networker 7.6 on over 800+ Windows Server 2003 that backends to a Data Domain DD880 dedupe appliance. We also run EMC Data Protection Advisor 5.6.3 for reporting. In the reports panel on networker console, everything is working except NetWorker Deduplication Statistics & Cloud Backup and Recover reports.

Is there a any way to get this reports working? I need this dedupe ratio information to determine which Networker jobs are not deduping well on the DD880.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Pritesh.

546 Posts

December 27th, 2010 04:00

Hi Pritesh, this definitely belongs in the Support Forums. Stand by and we'll get it moved to the correct forum... -Gina

666 Posts

December 27th, 2010 06:00

This thread has been moved to the Nwtworker Support Forum to ensure the question gets to the correct audience.

Regards,

Mark

14.3K Posts

December 31st, 2010 14:00

With Avamar this is possible via mminfo; not sure about DD.  Obviously mminfo will be aware of "real" size of file, but it won't be aware of de-duped size as this is done in background by DD appliance. I believe some common exchange of data between NW and DD is done in 7.6.1.x so that would be earliest version where such data could be available from one place (eg NMC report) - but I didn't work yet with such combo so this is pure speculation and guessing.

January 4th, 2011 04:00

Pritesh

I don't use DD or anything like this version but release notes for 7.6 SP1 state:

New statistical reports of NetWorker with Data Domain backup activities,
including Save Set summary, Save Set details, and so on, are available from the
NMC Reports window.

What these reports contain is unknown to me but these new reports may be what you are after.

No Events found!