Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 20th, 2013 11:00

Directives to backup checkpoint from EBR

Hello,

I want to backup checkpoints from my EBR appliance but I have no idea how to create directive in NetWorker.

Following Integration Guide I must buckup checkpoints from /data01, /data02 and /data03, but how to skip all files and include only checkpoints folders and files. Names of this folders are changing every checkpoints (name pattern is cp.YYYYMMDD.....).

Regards.

Pawel

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

November 20th, 2013 18:00

Did you try using the save set as /path/cp.* ?

6 Posts

November 21st, 2013 01:00

Hi,

I've tried

87651:save: Cannot get status on path '/data01/cp.*': No such file or directory

I must backup only cp catalogs and it's content. EMC doesn't support wildcards in scheduled backup https://emc--c.na5.visual.force.com/apex/KB_HowTo?id=kA0700000004MJe

Regrads

Pawel

6 Posts

November 21st, 2013 02:00

Hi Bobby,

I've tryied such combination:

<< / >>

always: cp.*

+skip: *

Result: no folder

<< / >>

+always: cp.*

+skip: *

Result: Empty folders cp.20131121.......

Pawel

736 Posts

Hi Pawel,

What kind of directive are you using?  I used this as a local directive (.nsr file) in the folder that is being backed up on a linux machine and it worked for me.

-Bobby

736 Posts

Hi Pawel,

Try this directive:

always:cp.*

+skip:*

-Bobby

6 Posts

November 21st, 2013 03:00

Hi,

I'm using server directives becouse name and quantity of cp folders could be changed. These folders are checkpoints in ebr appliance.

Maybe there is another method wich I can use to backup only specific folders and its contents, but name and quantity could be changed.

Pawel

736 Posts

November 21st, 2013 07:00

Hi,

I couldn't get this to work using directives.  The easiest way I can think of doing this is to use a custom backup command to list the cp directories before you start and then back them up.  I'll give you an example of the sort of thing you might use, but you would need to adapt this to your directory structure and test it thoroughly before implementing.  I did a couple of quick tests here and it seems to work.  You would need to name this script with a name beginning with the letters nsr, save it where the NetWorker binaries are, and put the script name in the 'backup command' field of the NetWorker client.

In my example, the files to be backed up are in /etc/testdir and I want to backup only those files or directories starting with the letters 'cp'. 

#!/bin/sh

/bin/ls /etc/testdir | grep ^cp > /tmp/list_of_dirs 2>&1

list_of_cps=`cat /tmp/list_of_dirs`

for cpdir in $list_of_cps

do

save -s vm-lego-121 /etc/testdir/$cpdir

done

/bin/rm /tmp/list_of_dirs

-Bobby

6 Posts

December 9th, 2013 04:00

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I'll wait for 8.1.1 version, there is a special job to backup ebr checkpoints.

Regards,

Pawel

No Events found!