Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 29th, 2012 13:00

Disaster Recovery CD

I downloaded and burnt the iso for Networker Disaster Reovery Boot CD.  I have both the 64 bit version and the 32 bit version.  I tried to boot a DELL R710 server with the 64 bit CD.  It seems to boot, but gets stuck at a dos window with the following... X:\windows\system32\wpeinit

I waited 1 hour for something to happen after this, but no-go.  Then I tired the 32 bit version and the boot process hangs at the same spot as above...X:\windows\system32\wpeinit

Anyone else have the same issue?  What am I missing?

Thanks.

79 Posts

August 31st, 2012 03:00

Hi Jumbo,

Is it hanging on the NetWorker System Recovery Wizard ?

Regards

Panwar

48 Posts

August 31st, 2012 04:00

This is the sequence of events...

Insert Recovery Boot CD in the server

Power up the server with the Boot CD

CD gets recognized by the system and boots from it.

A DOS Window comes up initially.

The 1st line on the DOS window reads...X:\windows\system32\wpeinit

DOS Window sits at this command forever.

48 Posts

September 10th, 2012 06:00

Has anyone successfully recvovered a Networker Client using the Disaster Recovery saveset.  I would be interested to know how, if not using the Bootable Recovery Cd found on PowerLink.  Thanks.

123 Posts

September 11th, 2012 01:00

Hi Jumbo,

Looks like it is not even going to the "Welcome screen of NetWorker System Recovery wizard". I think it could be an issue with iso image. May be you can try downloading a fresh copy and test it again. You can try it through a Network boot location as well.

Regards,

Arun

48 Posts

September 11th, 2012 13:00

I tried multiple downloads, both 7.6 Networker Recover Boot CD and 8.0 Networker Recover Boot CD.  Also, I tried different flavors - 32 bit and 64 bit.  I also opened a call with Technical Support and they claim it is a Microsoft issue and I should contact MS.  How can this be a MS issue?  I am downloading a CD from Powerlink, that should boot up a DELL R710 server.  DELL R710s have been around for many years.  It is not a new server.  As far as a Network Location, I have not tried that as I could not find the necessary instructions to create a network boot location with the Networker System Recovery Wizard.

No Events found!