Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 19th, 2016 13:00

ERROR:Microsoft Hyper-V VSS Writer has failed at prepare snapshot. The error is VSS_E_WRITERERROR_NONRETRYABLE. The code is: 0x800423f4

Hi team,

I want to have backup hyper-v in cluster with two nodes, the OS is windows server 2012 R2, the Networker Client is 8.2.1.5 y NMM 8.2.

The next messages is in nmm.raw

ERROR:Microsoft Hyper-V VSS Writer has failed at prepare snapshot. The error is VSS_E_WRITERERROR_NONRETRYABLE.  The code is: 0x800423f4

somebody know a solution of this message.

1.7K Posts

February 22nd, 2016 09:00

Hi Juan,

This is the error:

Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)))

This means that the user configured to run the Hyper-V backups is not configured with all the required permissions.

Required permissions:

1. Create a Domain User for Hyper-V backups and recoveries.  The account only needs login name and password.
  2. The Domain User account must be added to the these Active Directory Users and Computers Builtin security groups:
    1. Backup Operators
    2. Hyper-V Administrator
    3. Windows Authorization Access Group
    4. Users
    5. Remote Desktop Users
  3. Also add the Group Policy Creator Owners security group to the Domain User account
  4. On each cluster node, log in and perform steps to add the Domain User account to the local node’s
    1. Users group
    2. Administrators group
    3. Hyper-V Administrators group
  5. Provide access for cluster management to the Domain User account, using the Grant-ClusterAccess PowerShell command.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thank you,

Carlos

1.7K Posts

February 22nd, 2016 03:00

hi sabogj

Can you please attach the nmm.raw files from the 2 nodes as well as screenshots of the configuration of the client (all tabs) and the group configuration?

Also please attach the output of the following command:

nsrsnap_vss_save -s NW_SERVER_NAME -?

Thank you,

Carlos

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 22nd, 2016 08:00

Hi @Carlos Rojas, i'm attaching the request information

4 Attachments

5 Practitioner

•