Start a Conversation

Unsolved

25 Posts

November 8th, 2018 03:00

Enabling licence on second NetWorker Datazone

Hi,

We currently have one Networker datazone which consists of an NMC/licence server and a backup server (BS1).

I am now in the process of creating a second datazone which will consist of just a backup server (BS2), I will use the existing NMC and licence server to manage the second backup server.

We are using a served licence model, BS1 has a licence file and is compliant.

My question is how do I licence BS2? Do I need to apply for a new licence file for BS2 or do I simply copy the file from BS1 and install on BS2.

All the documentation I have read so far talks about setting up the licence server and licencing a single backup server, doesn't seem to mention how to licence multiple datazones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

D

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 13th, 2018 22:00

Moreover... As you mentioned that your license server is on a NMC. So i think you just need to copy the same licensing file to /nsr/lic. Also from nmc server properties in licensing tab go n browse the license file and validate it.

I think that should work.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 13th, 2018 22:00

If you have installed your license server on a separate host and the served license file contains the IP of the license server, you dont need to buy any new license and same License file you can use on new server.

Page 23 of licensing guide tells you the same.

25 Posts

November 30th, 2018 07:00

Thanks all for your replies.

I had to get a new licence file generated by EMC and apply this to the new backup server. The licence file is unique to the server.

D

No Events found!