GSbluto
1 Copper

Error message, after starting backup group

Jump to solution

Hello all,

When I want to start the my backup group(networker, Monitoring, Groups), than it show me after 100% is complete following error message:

77775:save: Processing completed for disaster recover backup.

VSS OTHER: ERROR: VSS failed to process snapshot, error=0x8004230f: Unexpected VSS provider error. The error code is logged in the event log.

90108:save: Unable to save the SYSTEM STATE save sets: cannot create the snapshot.

86024:save: Error occured while saving disaster recovery save sets.

myserver.domain.XXX:DISASTER_RECOVERY:\: retried 1 times

Thank you!

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LarsF1
1 Nickel

Re: Error message, after starting backup group

Jump to solution

Make sure the Perform Disaster Recovery check box is unchecked. You can't do that one and the VSS_OTHER or the other VSS with that turned on.networkerdisaster_recovery.JPG

0 Kudos
12 Replies
ble1
5 Iridium

Jump to solution

Could be so many things... if you google "0x8004230f vss" you will see what I mean.  Checking event log for related or more messages might isolate resolution process.

0 Kudos
Brian91
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Is this Windows 2008 R2 systems?  Do you have a version of NetWorker client on them that supports 2008 R2?

0 Kudos
LarsF1
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Make sure the Perform Disaster Recovery check box is unchecked. You can't do that one and the VSS_OTHER or the other VSS with that turned on.networkerdisaster_recovery.JPG

0 Kudos
lu100637
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have the same problem since the costumer did install some microsoft patches (after Patchday)

I found this site in the web. the costumer will try this workaround

GSbluto
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Yes, that's the solution!!!! Thank you a lot!!

And the problem was really after install some microsoft patches!

But it is unacceptable that that this action is a solution forever.
It doesnt save DEASTER_RECOVERY anymore. What should I do, if some day my backup server is down and i have to
recover this backup ? Will it be work?

0 Kudos
LarsF1
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

My understanding is that you setup a different "client" (same client name) with the DISASTER_RECOVERY selection and don't include the VSS stuff in the save sets. That way you get the regular backups and the DISASTER_RECOVERY. Use a different schedule for the DISASTER_RECOVERY like once a month or every 2 weeks.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I don't think that is solution to this problem. The thing is, if you unchecked DISASTER_RECOVERY save set, you will not be able to BMR (Bare Metal Recovery) that machine. Tried it, it didn't work.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi all, I have the same issue. I can't backup my VADP Proxy anymore. The issue started to come up after some MS patches and the change from diskpart: automount disable. Nothing else has been changed on that system.

Tried several approches I have found, none of the worked. Anyone might have a good idea?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Has anyone tried a re-register of the VSS?

0 Kudos