Hi to all,
After I have successfully done database recovery, I failed to do RDB recovery of a single mailbox. In libmapibrowse.raw I get this error:
warning profile(465): IServiceAdmin::ConfigureMsgService() = 0x80040115: unknown error -2147221227 (0x80040115)
In NMM GUI I did not get any error, and when selecting the RDB database from whick I want to do RDB recovery I got blank white screen to the right.
In Event Viewer I can see this error:
mapi(5050): Could not open EMS Store for Exchange Server , status 0x80040115.
What is wrong? Can I restore mailbox from Exchange Powershell using that recovered database?
This seems to me as a possible permissions or MAPI issue.
Check the following MS KB's:
Also check this:
homemta it is an Active Directory attribute that, in Exchange Server 2003 mail-enabled user, points to the location of the source server where the mailbox resides.
More information about homemta Active Directory can be found here:
Enterprise Vault uses the homemta attribute to find the server where the mailbox resides. The problem then it is that the homemta attribute gets deleted when a mailbox is migrated from pre-Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2010 and the old Exchange Server is decommissioned.
To address the problem we need to either manually update the homemta attribute for each affected mailbox or to use the update-recipient cmdlet to update attributes of recipient objects.
1. Install ADSIEDIT.msc on the EV server.
2. Check that the Attribute value of HomeMTA of the User looks similar to:
"CN=Microsoft MTADEL:80e4aea4-d364-4cc5-90e3-4024101af5dc,CN=Deleted Objects,CN=Configuration,DC=Vault,DC=local"
3. Rather than use ADSI Edit to update the HomeMTA attribute manually for each and every mailbox we can update them collectively:
4.Open Exchange Management Shell and execute the following command:
get-mailbox -database "<databasename>" | update-recipient
This applies to each mailbox residing in the <databasename> as Update-Recipient it is a cmdlet to add Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 attributes to recipient objects.
To update this thread, changing the CAS server from the CAS Array for the Exchange 2010 mailbox server to a specific CAS server corrects this issue. More troubleshooting on the CAS Array is next.