Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

JL

August 13th, 2012 19:00

Help - unable to navigate application after login to Networker 7.4sp5

Help!

I was trying to deposit tape media at the same time the application was finishing up a backup job and ejecting the tapes.

It looks like the tapes were never deposited but it looks to have possibly returned the media back to its slot.

I tried to view the devices and the application "FROZE" - it will let me select the icon on the task bar but not let me view the "Events" or "Library" or go to another window.

We have restated the server a couple times and confirmed the services are running.

I have tried to access the admin console from various machines and had no success?

Is this a JAVA issue?

We are running 7.4 sp5 on a Windows box.

Are there command-line commands to kickstart the GUI

Please advise.

Thanks.

John

326 Posts

August 13th, 2012 20:00

I was trying to deposit tape media at the same time the application was finishing up a backup job and ejecting the tapes. non issue

It looks like the tapes were never deposited but it looks to have possibly returned the media back to its slot. using ACSLS or dedicated library?

I have tried to access the admin console from various machines and had no success? any error message?

August 14th, 2012 06:00

Thanks Thierry -

It is a tape library - an ADIC i500 SCALAR

No error messages - checked the event logs and all the services have started.

We have tried multiple machines and same issue - can't get past the initial screen once you log into to the GUI.

-John

August 14th, 2012 14:00

NetworkerConsoleError.JPG

This error happens when I try to go to the Contents and Index in the Help Menu - when I select the buttons above it does not display any items - they are all greyed out.

Thanks.

326 Posts

was the nmc working before?

what java version currently used? check in control panel-java

NetworkerConsole.JPG

This is as far as it lets us get when we login to the Networker Console GUI

We are not able to select any  icons - the jobs appear to be running - we need to manage the application - label media and deposit media etc.

Any ideas??

Thanks.

August 14th, 2012 15:00

Yes - it worked before - it looks like it  is only working on non-admin user's machine - it looks like it is not allowing new logins to navigate the application.

The already logged in user can see and navigate.

We are running Java 7 update 5

Thanks.

326 Posts

August 14th, 2012 15:00

what is the java version at client side that working? try to install the same version and retry....java is notorious in breaking web apps and the versions are sensitive

326 Posts

August 14th, 2012 17:00

in your server that not working, under control panel -java....are there multiple java versions ticked? if multiple then you can uncheck the rest and leave ticked the one that works ...if just one then you have to install v6(same as in the client) then untick 7....apply points if you find helpful

August 14th, 2012 17:00

Thanks Thierry - i did check another workstation and it had version 6 installed.

That workstation seems to let me access the Networker Management Console GUI and allow me to navigate the different applications and let me "manage" my media as it should.

It seems that any machine that has Java 7 installed breaks it?

Is there an EMC Engineer out there that can confirm this on version 7.4 sp5?

What at is the maximum version that can be installed on this console and what are my options on the real backup server that is running the Networker Management Console that is not working?

Thanks.

79 Posts

August 15th, 2012 05:00

Hi,

Please install java 1.6 Update 26 on the NMC server. Java 6 Update 26 is compatibile with Networker 7.4.5.Java 7 is not compatible with Networker 7.4.5

Pleaes download the java from below given link.

_http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase6-419409.html

Regards

Panwar

No Events found!