Start a Conversation

Unsolved

4 Posts

October 10th, 2018 09:00

How do I remove a duplicate clone?

I have a job in NetWorker 9.1.1.9 that unintentionally cloned twice, each with different retention times. A backup was run and then two clones to tape were made. One clone tape was made with a retention of 10 years and the other clone tape was made with a retention of 1 year.

What is the proper way to get rid of the clone tape with the 1 year retention? We want to keep the clone that has the 10 year retention.

2.4K Posts

October 11th, 2018 02:00

You do that by removing the save set using both - the ssid AND the cloneid.

1. Verify what you have:

mminfo -q "ssid= " -r "ssid,cloneid,ssretent,volume"

2. Delete the save set instance:

nsrmm [-y] -d -S ssid/cloneid

3. Verify what you still have:

mminfo -q "ssid= " -r "ssid,cloneid,ssretent,volume"

October 11th, 2018 05:00

What if I want to keep the save set on our Data Domain?

2.4K Posts

October 12th, 2018 04:00

same procedure.

You can identify the save set via ssid & cloneid (& volume) - it is a unique combination.

October 12th, 2018 07:00

And then what do I do with the tape to make it re-usable?

**Never mind this question. Once I ran the commands the tape is now showing that it's empty.

Another question I have is why couldn't I just view the volume save sets of the tape and then choose "Change Expiration" and set them to expire today?

Manually Change Expiration.JPG.jpg

Some of the options and warnings on this screen worried me that I was going to delete the save set or the clone we want to keep.

263 Posts

October 14th, 2018 20:00

Since the clone copy is on tape volume, then the only way to really "get rid of it" is to relabel the tape volume itself.  Since this will also get rid of all data on that tape, then I would advise against deleting it from the media database.

Instead, I would just mark that particular copy as expired.  Command is:   nsrmm [-y] -o recyclable  -S ssid/cloneid

No Events found!