I have some question, please solve for me:
- when I install Networker VSS in SharePoint server, I see notice "ItemPoint is an optional feature and is licensed by capcity...". so, can SharePoint Granular recovery feature use?
- I install SharePoint Server all-in-one, and embedded sql database in processing installation SharePoint. I backup SharePoint server by Networker is good. but when I use GLR recover, I mount every database in C:\GLR, but I not see them in C:\GLR folder.
Please how to me sole this issue. thank for all!
1. You must follow a Volume Capacity Licensing scheme.
2. ItemPoint (just another stupid marketing name - ItemPoint Recovery would at least be self describing) is nothing else but
refering to the 'embedded' Kroll Ontrack software. Consequently ...
3. For GLR you must now use the ItemPoint GUI which is a separate icon/app.
I don't understand clearly, your mean:
- I must license for ItemPoint, I can use Kroll Ontrack software to browse data?
Can you explane details:
- Volume Capacity Licensing scheme?
- If I understand well your mean at above, what must I do to use GLR for recover?
- Can you give me "ItemPoint GUI guide"?
EMC ItemPoint is getting installed when you click on "SharePoint Granular recovery" in NMM 9.0.1 installer ( Customers are NOT requires EMC ItemPoint licenase separately and is license by capacity).
>>>- If I understand well your mean at above, what must I do to use GLR for recover?
ELN: When you want to restore any of the Granular level items. Customers must mount the SharePoint content DB using NMM 9.0 and abvoe and launch the EMC ItemPoint application to open the mounted SharePoint content databases for the GLR operation.
>>>>- Can you give me "ItemPoint GUI guide"?
ELN: Refer the NMM 9.0 and above admin guide. Also, you can refer the help from the EMC ItemPoint application itself.