sushin
2 Bronze

How to connect DL4106 disk librery in Networker 7.6 storage node

Hello Team,

As i have one DL-4106 with 203 TB sata ii  and scalar 500 14U 133 solt tape drvice . I need to configure this things in networker storage node . How can i do this . Everything physicaly connected ..  How to configure this.  I have 13 networker client and through ndmp  celera file system backup also i need to take. I have a networker server .Is anywhere in powerlink i can get the details. Or Someone can share how i can configure this. networker server/storage node is running in solaris 10. all ndmp licence and standlone DPA license for disks are there .

With regards

Sushin.K

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Daniea3
3 Argentum

Re: How to connect DL4106 disk librery in Networker 7.6 storage node

Hi Sushin,

I am attaching the Networker 7.6 Admin Guide herewith. I hope this document will help you with the configurations.

Regards,

Arun

0 Kudos
coganb
4 Tellurium

Hi,

This White Paper provides more detail around this subject including a lot of useful information on how to set this up.

EMC Disk Library with NetWorker

http://powerlink.emc.com/km/live1/en_US/Offering_Technical/White_Paper/H2316_emc_clariion_disk_lbry_...?

-Bobby

0 Kudos
DeaconZ28-2015
3 Argentum

Are you talking about an Embedded Networker Storage Node?

Do you want to attach the physical library to the back of the DL for just cloning?

0 Kudos
MikeToo1
2 Iron

The DL4106 can be setup as disk space for AFTD (Advance File Type Device), or VTL (Virtual Tape Library) or as an embeded storage node.  What is your configuration?

I have included the Best Practice Planning Guide for the DL4106.  It will give the possibilities for the DL4106.

0 Kudos
tlemons1
3 Argentum

"The DL4106 can be setup as disk space for AFTD (Advance File Type Device), or VTL (Virtual Tape Library) or as an embedded storage node".

Almost.  The EDL can only be set up as VTL (Virtual Tape Library), and optionally and additionally with an embedded storage node.

A Data Domain system can be set up as either network-accessible (CIFS or NFS) disk space for AFTD (Advance File Type Device), or VTL (Virtual Tape Library; DD systems do not support an embedded storage node.

Terry Lemons

0 Kudos