Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 27th, 2016 05:00

How to monitor the health of a Networker 9.x EBR appliance

Hi,

I'm interested in how to monitor the health of a Networker 9.x EBR appliance. Who has. Who has suggestions?

Vincent

4 Posts

June 6th, 2016 13:00

VBA is nothing but a Virtual Edition of Avamar.

Based on VBA version, I have downloaded MCS console and configured email alerts.

It provides me the status on daily basis.

June 7th, 2016 02:00

Agree.

you can monitor all VBA activities by using MCS console.

MCS console will give you all details about VBA server just like avamar.

Regards,

Nitesh Turkar

45 Posts

June 7th, 2016 03:00

VMware Backup Appliance, not Avamar unless Avamar is suddenly able to integrate itself wholly into vSphere.

I assume that if you're looking to monitor health then you've got problems with it.  The best way I can think of to do this externally, since this is an appliance and you shouldn't be messing around with it too much internally, would be to monitor port status on a regular basis.

4 Posts

June 7th, 2016 06:00

Basic Idea to Install MCS was to set a workaround to perform File level restores with ACL's.

VBA has limitation of ACL which will not be restored , however I Found a workaround So i am using MCS to perform FLR which can restore files \ Folders with ACL's .

EMC engineering is also looking into it. Perhaps they missed to integrate this using FLR Gui.

so I have two possibilities with MCS, one for Monitoring and another for FLR using ACL's and I can also restore Image Level backups and FLR from MCS and need not use web browser at all. I am using it as a Avamar Virtual edition instead.

This gives me ease of monitoring and other benefits of administration.So I am happy

June 7th, 2016 23:00

Hi all,

Thank you for your response. Maybe I was not clear enough. What I meant is how to monitor central the 15 alerts state changes that were created in vCenter after register the vCenter in the EBR/VBA. Although we created custom MS SCOM monitor alerts for these EBR/VBA state changes, the information is not accurate enough. So i was wondering if EMC offers a maner to monitor these state changes e.g. in Networker Console or in SRM or with DPA?

No Events found!