Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 25th, 2015 23:00

How to remove "EMC Backup and Recovery" from vcenter?

Hi

After several attempts to deploy the appliance EBR , I finished with two in the vcenter , one of them empty. Does anyone know how I can remove it from the vcenter ?

Captura vcenter.PNG.png

Thanks

June 26th, 2015 06:00

One of those plug-in belong to the older EBR. Likely to be seen during upgrade and sometimes when there have been multiple attempts to register VBA and it keeps going kaput

You will have to login to the /mob page, goto the ExtensionManager list ->Unregister extension and look for "com.emc.networker.ebr" plug-in. This will remove all the plug-in available. Ideally a emwebapp.sh --restart on the VBA putty should help things come back.

Detail instructions on page 123 of: https://support.emc.com/docu57703_NetWorker-8.2-SP1-VMware-Integration-Guide.pdf?language=en_US

Page 89 of https://support.emc.com/docu50630_NetWorker-8.1-SP1-VMware-Integration-Guide.pdf?language=en_US

I was able to remove only one of those instance successfully sometime back, let me check on it and get back to you. meanwhile you can try the above steps if you dont mind re-registering the plug-in again.

Or if you have old and new VBA in your environment, then you can just leave it as it is

34 Posts

June 26th, 2015 04:00

I saw that when we updated from EBR for Networker 8.1 to EBR for Networker 8.2 during a Networker Admin Course. It seems as if the dead one was kind of reserved to Networker 8.1.

What our vCenter Administrator recognized was following:

But this seems to be only language files for the plugin.

There are no extensions that point to EBR in vSphere Web Client Administration in our environment:

Kind regards,

Jens

June 30th, 2015 03:00

well that was the procedure I had followed earlier, there isnt other way , glad it worked out for you as well.

75 Posts

August 5th, 2015 06:00

For others finding this, the vba extension might also be called: com.vmware.ebr2

I guess this is a mistake on EMC's side, but removing it removes the menu item in vcenter .

I found it by looking through the extensions, and knowing exactly when we installed the VBA made it quite easy, together with the name to pinpoint the correct extension to remove.

vba4.png

/tony

August 6th, 2015 05:00

true that. The plug-in to remove is "com.emc.networker.ebr" and NOT "com.vmware.ebr2"

Rgds,

Chetan

No Events found!