Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 25th, 2016 00:00

How to take Active Directory Backup & Restore

I m using NW 8.2.0.1 build 476 and NMM Client version 8.2.

How to take Active Directory Backup & Restore steps. What configuration required.

2K Posts

February 26th, 2016 07:00

I have moved your question from the Avamar Support Forum to the NetWorker Support Forum since this appears to be a NetWorker question.

1.7K Posts

February 26th, 2016 07:00

Hello,

This depends if you want to take granular AD backups or just want to sabe the AD DB.

For AD DB, this is saved as part of the File System backup, with "ALL" saveset.

Backing up Active Directory

The NetWorker software automatically backs up AD as a component of the SYSTEM STATE

or VSS SYSTEM BOOT save set. An AD backup or restore includes the AD log files,

database, patch files, and expiry token.

Recovering Active Directory

The NetWorker Procedure Generator contains information about the online recovery of

Active Directory. Chapter 25, “Windows Bare Metal Recovery,” provides information about

the bare metal recovery of an Active Directory host.

If you must recover an AD backup whose expiry token is older than its tombstone lifetime

value, refer to Microsoft Knowledge base (KB) article 216993, which can be found at:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216993

If you want to be able to restore single objects within AD you should be running granular backups of AD with NetWorker Module for Microsoft (NMM).

Please refer to NMM documentation for detailed information on configuration for backups ans step-by-step restore.

Thank you,

Carlos

156 Posts

March 15th, 2016 00:00

Hi

Please find the attached document, hope this helps

Thanks..

Deb

1 Attachment

March 15th, 2016 02:00

Thanx for your help but some error appeared on screen while taking backup of AD.

{{{{{{{ 107092:nsradsave:Version information for C:\Program Files\EMC NetWorker\nsr\bin\nsradsave.exe: Original file name: nsradsave.exe Version: 8.2.0.1 Comments: Supporting Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service
There is no such object on the server.

A valid object must be specified

The specified object does not exist: DC=SIMFCTADC,DC=SNPL,DC=COM,DC=NP

Please check the path or the port and try again. }}}}}}

23 Posts

January 5th, 2017 00:00

Same issue here, any idea?

107092:nsradsave:Version information for C:\Program Files\EMC NetWorker\nsr\bin\nsradsave.exe: Original file name: nsradsave.exe Version: 8.2.2.926 Comments: Supporting Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service

January 14th, 2019 07:00

Hello,

i installed Avamar 7.5.1 ,on a Vmware 6.5 platform ,i need to test the backup ,restore and disaster recovery for Active directory  2016 .i follow the EMC document but it not work for me.please help me if have any ideas.

Regards,

No Events found!