Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 27th, 2012 06:00

How to take backup of files stored on NAS ?.

Hi,

Could anybody tell me how take backup of files stored on NAS box, as I am using HNAS (HDS) and tape connected to one of the EVS of it. I have configured Networkter and could see storage nodes. But I have problem to take backup of files, as I know in symantec netbackup there is one option where you can set the filesystem or directory (backu selection tab) but i am not finding such thing in networker. Could anyone help me ? Do I need license for taking backup of NAS files ?

14.3K Posts

November 27th, 2012 12:00

I'm not familiar with HNAS, but as every NAS storage, I assume filer supports NDMP?  If so, you can do backup over NDMP protocol... or eventually NFS or CIFS, but NDMP would give you most likely better performance.

7 Posts

November 29th, 2012 10:00

there is one option where you can set the filesystem or directory (backu selection tab) but i am not finding such thing in networker.

You would need to configure a client first to provide selections.

If not NDMP, choose a server which have access to NAS Shares. I would recommend to mount them on to Networker server or to a storage node directly. If different from NW server or Storage node, install NW client on that server. Create a clinet from NMC --> Configuration--> Clients --> New client. You can choose the selections, retention settings and media pool to be used in the same window.

Thanks.....

No Events found!