Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 11th, 2015 11:00

I need step by step procedure for recover backup through windows command line

I need step by step procedure for recover backup through windows command line.

I tried "recover -f -s Networker_Master -a C:\PerfLogs" this on networker client but it throws below error

C:\Program Files\EMC NetWorker\nsr\bin>recover -f -s Networker_Master -a C:\Perf

Logs

53362:recover: Cannot start session with server Networker_Master: RPC cannot mak

e a procedure call: Create failed: Unknown host

80318:recover: Encountered an error finalizing recover job: Stale asynchronous R

PC handle

Please help me to get step by step procedure to recover backup

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

August 11th, 2015 23:00

Hello,

Please check communication between the backup server and the client in question (ping, nslookup, rpcinfo). Make an hosts file entry for the backup server on the client and vice versa. Ensure that this client is configured on the backup server and valid backups that can be restored.

Use the recover CLI to carry out the recover, refer the NetWorker command reference guide for more details or you can always come back to us in-case you need more clarification.

August 12th, 2015 11:00

Thanks Crazyrov,

I am new to the Networker. Could you please provide me one scenario and restoration command for that?

It will be helpful to understand very clearly.Now I have nsrmaster and nsrclient which is configured on the backup server nsrmaster .

Please help me by providing scenario and command for restoration on networker

Thanks & Regards,

Shivashankar

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

August 13th, 2015 07:00

Hi Shiva,

Lets assume you have nsrclient as a client machine, nsrserver as the networker server. you want to restore /ect/hosts to a different folder say /tmp from the backup of 8/1/2015.

# recover -s nsrserver -c nsrclient <- declare the client machine who backup you want to restore

recover> changetime 8/1/2015 <- set the time of backup to 8/1/2015

recover> add /etc/hosts <- add the file/folders that you want restored

recover> relocate /tmp <- Declaring a destination location for files to be restored, done run this in case you want the files restored to the original location

recover> list <- this command will list out all the files/folders that you selected

recover> recover <- Initiate restore

August 13th, 2015 09:00

It works in interactive mode but I wanted to know how does this works in non interactive mode

August 13th, 2015 12:00

recover -f -a -d C:\restore "C:\PerfLogs" & recover -f -a -d C:\restore1 "C:\PerfLogs" > "C:\restore1\restore.txt"

I tried with above command and it works fine but if I try to restore C:\* it throws below error

C:\Program Files\EMC NetWorker\nsr\bin>recover -f -a -d C:\restore "C:\*"

6469:recover: C:\* not in index

67847:recover: Failed to recover files: Nothing to recover

And I wanted to know how do I go for exclude files like if I wanted to exclude Recycle bin what is the way

No Events found!