Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 9th, 2015 06:00

Incremental Backup of CIFS Share Fails

Hello,

I am trying to backup several CIFS Shares that we have configured, but they fail on Incremental Backups.  Full Backups work just fine and complete without issue. 

The Error is: 94693:save: The backup of save set failed.

I tried both -D5 and -D9 logging and they only error that stands out to me in the Logs is:  004426 RPC Authentication: error in LookupAccountSid: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. (Win32 error 0x534)

NetWorker Version 8.1.1.2 Build280

Backup Command: save -x -o "VSS:*=OFF"

- I've also tried save -c "Client Name" -L -x -o "VSS:*=OFF" as well; without success. 

Save Set: \\CIFSShareName\DataFolder

Any help is appreciated.

February 9th, 2015 07:00

The CIFS share is on an EMC SAN.  A VNX and an old NS-480.

The Client is Windows Server 2012 R2 and I have disabled UAC via the Registry.  I originally had issues with even the Full Backups completing; until I found some info pointing to disabling UAC and with Server 2012 doing so in the Registry.  The Client is also configured as a Storage Node.  The CIFS share is being backed up with the Client by using the UNC Path in the Save Set. 

The NetWorker Server is v8.1, as I listed, and is also Windows Server 2012 R2 with UAC diabled.

We do not have NDMP licensed.

Let me know if this is the info you were looking for or if I need to provide some additional details. 

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

February 9th, 2015 07:00

The CIFS share is from a Windows server or a NAS files. Also, please provide information on the client where this CIFS is mounted and the backup server. Also, check the event logs on the machine where the CIFS is mounted.

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

February 9th, 2015 08:00

Do you see any corresponding error in the OS system event logs ?

February 9th, 2015 11:00

I checked the Event Logs and this is the only error: 

Could not perform a VSS save operation. The backup of save set '\\CIFSShareName\DataFolder' failed.

No Events found!