Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 4th, 2007 08:00

Index problem

I have an incr. backup reported in the log as succesfull, but in the restore window only shows the last backup from 3 days older.
How can I find the tape? and is possible to "merge" the tape index to database?

Regards

14.3K Posts

April 5th, 2007 00:00

Does it show what and how much did it backup on 1st April?

Maybe backup failed, but since it was 1st April NW decided to joke with you :D

OK, on more serious note, it is possible that data you are looking for hasn't been changed and its last backup really dates back to 1st April - is that possible. As I said, if you know exactly the data you are looking for you can verify if new instance has been backed up via nsrinfo/mminfo combination.

14.3K Posts

April 4th, 2007 08:00

One step at the time - what are you trying to achieve first? I guess you are trying to restore something, right? Do you see that data - yes or no? If no, can you verify on server using nsrinfo that you have copy of that data?

11 Posts

April 4th, 2007 14:00

Yes, I'm trying to make a restore

- I see in the restore window the last backup from Apr 1st, but I need an incremental from Apr 3rd.

- I reviewed the Legato logs and it shows an inc. backup from Apr 03 that was backed up OK

Thanks

2K Posts

April 5th, 2007 01:00

May be you can check with Save Set recovery also.

There should be save sets for 1 Apr as well as 3 Apr and you can restore them one by one. This would restore all files of 1 Apr and only incremented files of 3 Apr without needing to check which files changed by 3rd Apr.

This restoration would be good only if you want to restore the complete save sets.
No Events found!