Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 6th, 2015 04:00

Installing NW 8.2 SP1 on fresh system with old data?

Hi,

I am using Networker 8.1.0.5 at the moment on a clustered NW installation on physical hostsystems. NMC is seperated on another virtual server.

I am looking forward to an Update to Networker 8.2.1 (yes Iknow NW9 is knocking at the door). I do not want to do an update install on the "old" physical servers -

There is new hardware ordered to be the new networker server (one server with nmc instead cluestered version).

Can i simply copie the complete NSR directory to the new machine and then install NW8.2.1 over this directory? Will this work?

Or do i have to do some steps before this process?

Regards,

Patric

14.3K Posts

October 8th, 2015 07:00

Actually NW9 is not upgrade at all in terms of any previous upgrade - it is total change of pretty much everything

Anyway, if you will run same OS type, you can do that.  You issue will be different name in this case so if you can keep old cluster name as new name on new box that would be great and would make things easier.  You didn't mention which OS you run, but most likely you will need to make host transfer for licenses. This migration path has been discussed here several times and I think procedure generator (SolveDesktop) also includes steps.

No Events found!