Highlighted
pdumigan
2 Bronze

Installing hotfix 7.6.1.6

Jump to solution

I am running networker 7.6.1.3 and trying to install the hotfix 7.6.1.6 but the installer keeps going into maintenance mode rather than update mode. I'm not sure what to do next. The documentation says I should see update mode from the installer.  Instead, maintenance mode gives me the option to change, repair, or remove the software.  None of these seem appropriate.  When I choose one of them, the installer does not seem to be aware of what is currently installed.

I remember in older versions to install a hotfix I needed to uninstall, choosing to keep the database, and reinstall the updated version.  Is that still the case in 7.6.1?  The documentation is confusing.

I'm running Networker server network, storage node, management console, and client on this Windows 2008 Ent x64 server.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
guenterH1
2 Iron

Re: Installing hotfix 7.6.1.6

Jump to solution

The guide reflects the situation of a major version change or service pack change only. Not the change between cumulative hotfix releases of the same version and service pack.

As you mentioned already, in this situation you will have to uninstall the current installation of NetWorker software and install the new cumulative hotfix version while keeping your current configuration and meta-data.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
guenterH1
2 Iron

Jump to solution

The guide reflects the situation of a major version change or service pack change only. Not the change between cumulative hotfix releases of the same version and service pack.

As you mentioned already, in this situation you will have to uninstall the current installation of NetWorker software and install the new cumulative hotfix version while keeping your current configuration and meta-data.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
unexpected1
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Just uninstall networker and KEEP the media database when the installers asks what you want. When you install the new version, it will detect the database and reuse it with all settings in place.

Mark_Bellows
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

And make SURE you have a good backup so if you do need to perform a disaster recovery of the NetWorker server you can!

Mark Bellows