Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 3rd, 2016 08:00

Is Oracle backup clone aware in NMDA 9.0?

My customer has one Oracle 11g database backup by NMDA 9.0 with Networker 9.0 to the DD4500@production site, then we use Networker clone to another DD4500@DR site, my customer tried to restore the oracle DB to a different server at DR site, they wanted to restore from the clone copies, not the primary copies.

I ran rman restore using control file, the command "list backup" showed all of the available backup pieces are pointing to the DD@production, hence, if I perform the restore, it will restore from the DD@production site, how to make the rman catalog to be aware of the clone backup pieces in DD@DR site?

I'm aware rman catalog command only able to catalog disk backup, not the SBT devices, so it's not the solution,  I'm not sure whether or not running rman crosscheck can add the clone backup pieces to the rman catalog.

If there is no solution, the last resort I can think of will be using rman backup copies command to duplex to two DD

14.3K Posts

August 15th, 2016 12:00

In my case, and I use NMDA 8.x, I see both.  You can recall it by either specifying RMAN pool to be used or by marking original ssid as suspect.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 20th, 2016 09:00

Do you mean specify the NSR_DATA_VOLUME_POOL in the rman script? I actually did it and it still failed to restore, anyway, when you said you see both, did you see each backup piece pointing to Networker primary volume and clone volume in rman list backup output?

14.3K Posts

September 21st, 2016 02:00

Yes, I see it pointed to both (but I use NMDA 8.2.x, but still I would expect the same from higher version as well).

No Events found!