Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 21st, 2011 06:00

Issues with scheduled backups

I have been having issues getting my nightly scheduled backups to complete. I am recieving the following error on the clients that are failing:

1 retry attempted

No Full Backups of this save Set were found in the media database; performing a full backup

39078:save: RPC Error: RPC Send operation failed; errno= An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

I am recieving this error on a Windows 2003 R2 server on multiple save sets. Any ideas as to what is happening?

Thanks

3 Posts

February 21st, 2011 07:00

could be below issues

1) Network is droping at somepoint during the backup. Set group inactivity timeout to zero and try backup again.

2) Check Nic card settings weater it is set to auto or fixed. Try to change it to full duplex or Auto

3) Check powerlink for KB articles esg71983, esg117418

February 22nd, 2011 01:00

It looks like you may have a network issue of some kind; have you verified connectivity?

3 Posts

February 22nd, 2011 06:00

I have verified connectivity. The client was previously backing up consistantly using TSM. DNS is fine in both directions.

February 22nd, 2011 06:00

So these drives are being shared with TSM?

3 Posts

February 22nd, 2011 07:00

No, TSM is no longer installed on the client.

15 Posts

February 22nd, 2011 07:00

The error you are receiving is that something on the client machine is closing the socket on the client.

An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

Likely candidates for this are firewalls, anti-virus software and occassionally an overly aggressive network switch.

So check that the clients are allowing the NetWorker client to establish network connections. The other thing to consider is the use of the TCP keepalive if you have firewalls or aggressive switches in your environment.

No Events found!