Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 9th, 2014 00:00

Many warnings

Hi guys!

I have this message every 6 ms, so my daemon log file grows and it is not comfortable to search or to read log. All backups perform without problems. I can't say what is the reason of warnings.

73139 09.09.2014 11:18:14  2 3 6 3196 7520 0 nsrd RAP warning Received no results for NSR Storage Node resource query for on server

Did anybody see this message? How can I resolve it or disable this warning?

Thanks

1.7K Posts

September 9th, 2014 01:00

Hi,

Can you check if the client entry created for that storage node is created with the exact same name (short name or FQDN)as the storage node itself?

In some cases the client is created like "sn_client", and the storage node is created as "sn_client.domain.com"

Is the storage node enabled? Go to Media, and click on storage nodes, on the right side of NMC you will see the status of the storage node, also ensure that nsrsnmd and nsrmmd's processes are started on that SN

Thank you,

Carlos

31 Posts

September 9th, 2014 02:00

Sorry, what does this mean: "client entry for that storage node". I have SN on my NW server.

Yes, SN enabled.

How can I check nsrsnmd and nsrmmd processes?

Thnx.

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

September 9th, 2014 03:00

Here is what you need to check.

On the NMC go to -> Devices -> Storage Nodes, check the name of the storage node in question (you have to note if it is just he hostname or with the FQDN). Then go backup to the NMC -> Configuration -> Clients. search for that storage node in here and see what name it is configured with. The name should be same as the one under the storage node that you earlier noted.

31 Posts

September 9th, 2014 03:00

I find name of the SN is the same as a name of one of clients. But this clients-are for savesets from backup server. In properties of this client there is parameter StorageNode. It is nsrserverhost (Globals 2 of 2). Should I create client for storage node if it is the same as the server name?

I can explain as example:

I have NW server "srvbackup.mydomain.com"

I have SN "srvbackup.mydomain.com"

I have client on NW server "srvbackup.mydomain.com", it was created to make a backup of disk C:\ on this server.

5 Posts

September 9th, 2014 04:00

As i can see in you environment the NW server, SN and Client is the same host. in this case u can create a client wid  srvbackup.mydomain.com and make the storage node as srvbackup.mydomain.com or nsrserverhost. here nsrserverhost is ur NW server which is same as srvbackup.mydomain.com.

In case u have created ur SN as srvbackup only instead of srvbackup.mydomain.com u can also add the alias name srvbackup.mydomain.com in client properties--> Global (1 of 2)-->aliases. It will be affected to all the client instances

31 Posts

September 9th, 2014 06:00

I thought that it will help me with warnings...

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

From the error it looks like NetWorker thinks your backup servers hostname is changed. Did you edit the hosts file on the backup server? If the shortname mentioned just after the IP, like follows :

1.1.1.1     backupserver    backupserver.xxx.com

either ways get the following output

# nsradmin -d "path_to_nsr\res\nsrdb"

nsradmin> . type: nsr client; name: backup_server_hostname

nsradmin> option hidden

nsradmin> show name; aliases

nsradmin> print

nsradmin> . type: nsr client; name: backup_server_hostname.fqdn.com

nsradmin> option hidden

nsradmin> show name; aliases

nsradmin> print

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

Run the following command in the command line and provide the output.

> nsrd -D5

31 Posts

I restarted "Backup and recover server" service and now it doesn't start...no errors in logs

31 Posts

How can I put it back to aliases from command line?

31 Posts

84419 1410270061 5 5 0 3600 2656 0 nsrd NSR critical 228 NetWorker is

unable to continue its startup sequence due to a server hostname change to "%s".

Please verify that the server's hostname and its aliases are properly represent

ed in the local host database (eg. /etc/hosts) and DNS. 1 12 9

I checked host file both of short and FQDN names represented.

31 Posts

I deleted   from aliases. And put FQDN. After that I have error

1.7K Posts

Hi,

Did you make any changes in either DNS or hosts file? If so please revert those changes back.

As for the change of the alias, well, that is not really good practice, but to solve it please follow these steps:

On NW server run the following command:

nsradmin -d /nsr/res/nsrdb   <- This has to be the correct path to the nsrdb folder

nsradmin>. type: nsr client; name:server_name

nsradmin>update aliases: server_name, server_name.domain.com

update?y

(Type y every time you are asked for, as that will update every single client entry for the server)

nsradmin>quit

Thank you,

Carlos

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

September 9th, 2014 07:00

Maximus,

-d allows you to connect to the nsrdb when the nsrd is down. Ensure all the services are down both nsrd and nsrexecd then run the following command:

nsradmin -d "C:\Program Files\Legato\nsr\res\nsrdb"

Then follow what Carlos has mentioned in his post.

===================================================

nsradmin>. type: nsr client; name:server_name

nsradmin>update aliases: server_name, server_name.domain.com

update?y

(Type y every time you are asked for, as that will update every single client entry for the server)

nsradmin>quit

===================================================

31 Posts

September 9th, 2014 07:00

for short name:no resources found for query

for FQDN several aliases like this:

aliases: FQDN_name

name: FQDN _name

No Events found!