8 Krypton

Re: Many warnings

Not sure what server name is nsrd looking for !

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

it looks for Server_name.

because second BackupServer works fine

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

I deleted short ServerName from aliases(Global 1 of 2)

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

You have 2 backup servers ? how are they related ?

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

they are in different cities, sites, and have storage node and tape library each of them. One is basic and another is reserv. I can start console on each of them and administrate both of them.

Sorry for my English:)

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

I think it is best to get support look your configuration. There is some disconnect that we are not able to figure out. Seeing it would make it easier to troubleshoot.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Thanks a lot. I'll try to add my shortServerName to alias once again.

0 Kudos
rcla2
6 Indium

Hello all,

I encounter exactly the same issue.

My infrastructure is quite simple as it is in this case a NetWorker test infrastructure, it is composed of a single NetWorker server which is also a storage node (called naboo).

I am wondering if this issue might not be related to the fact that the NetWorker server is simply called "naboo" and the storage node is called "naboo.company.com" ... ?

I noticed this difference by having a look at the NMC/Devices tab.

Morover, I have many entries in the /nsr/logs/daemon.log (at least one per second) like this one:

73139 04/09/2015 04:41:52 PM  nsrd RAP warning Received no results for NSR Storage Node resource query for naboo on server naboo

Is there a way to solve this problem without loosing data ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

R

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

@rcla, The name client instance on NetWorker and the Storage node instance under the "Devices" tab should be same.  All you have to do is delete all the devices configured under the current storage-node name (JB, tape drives, AFTD). Then delete the Storage node instance and then re-create it with the correct name. There is no data loss involved here, if its an AFTD which creating it back ensure that you don't re-label it.

0 Kudos