Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 14th, 2014 11:00

Maximum number of Data Domain per Networker

Hi,

Does anyone know what is the maximum number of Data Domain can one Networker Support?

Your help is appreciated.

Ren

14.3K Posts

February 16th, 2014 05:00

bingo wrote:

Well - if you assume 1 stream/device you will end up with 512 as this is the absolute maximum number of streams per data zone, implied by the server parallelism.

At least it was. Accidentally, i found out that this number has silently been doubled to 1024 with NW 8.1.

As not all streams happen at the same time, you may certainly use more of them too   But even with 32 per datazone you would go way beyond healthy mind approach.  I can imagine that in some corner of this planet some company ended up being fed up with their central IT so each department ended up buying their own infra (storage, hosting), but certain things remained shared infrastructure (eg. backup application) so you may end up with number of small or average DDs - depending on current strength of star wars.  Even so, I doubt one would end up with more than 10-20 DDs (where higher number would depend on replication boxes).

bingo wrote:

BTW - it obviously makes more sense to share a DD between multiple data zones.

This is true and this where you will find well defined limit too (was it 8? It might depend on DDOS as I believe that has increased in 5.3./5.4). Actually, with it is not only number of active mtrees, but streams that will set you back if you have heavy loaded and populated datazones.

14.3K Posts

February 14th, 2014 14:00

I don't think such limit exists (at least not directly).

2.4K Posts

February 16th, 2014 02:00

Well - if you assume 1 stream/device you will end up with 512 as this is the absolute maximum number of streams per data zone, implied by the server parallelism.

At least it was. Accidentally, i found out that this number has silently been doubled to 1024 with NW 8.1.

BTW - it obviously makes more sense to share a DD between multiple data zones.

No Events found!