Simply, because we have a test environement where all work perfectly.
But maybe is not enough for Networker...
Sorry if I'm raising the dead here, but besides "updating" the Networker/NMC, was there an actual answer to this question??? I'm running version 188.8.131.52b774 and I'm getting this same non-informational error box on the Recover tab. I've cleared the Java cache with no results. Same error regardless of user or running on server or from web. Nothing in any logs that point to anything useful.
Has anyone actually solved this?
I recently started experiencing this yesterday. I tried deleting the Java cache and it didnt work. Today I couldn't take it anymore and just stopped all services related to networker/java and delteted cache a few times in a row and it is gone. Hopefully this will work for you too.
I have seen this issue on multiple versions of Networker. The issue are saved recoveries that are kept when using the Recover, New Recovery option. Here is how to correct the issue.
1) On the Networker server at command prompt: type nsradmin and enter
2) nsradmin> print type: NSR recover This will display the recovers that are stored
3) nsradmin> d Type "d" to delete the recoveries that are saved
4) y Enter a "y" to confirm the deletion of each recover that is saved.
5) When it goes back to the nsradmin> command prompt you may exit.
6) Close the NMC console and then start it up again and login. The error message should no longer appear.