I have done an assessment for Networker on Mitrend and received the report back.
I need clarification on the "Backup Scorecard Details" section.
Storage Efficiency Warning No disk/file targets were found. Best practice is to shift away from removable tape media to deduplicated disk
Data Retention Fair 58% of data is retained for 30-60 days. Best practice is 30-60 days for 90% of backups.
Server Scalability Warning This environment sustained a rate of 65.80 for 99.95% of non-idle time.
Client Performance Warning 13% of clients experienced backups exceeding 8 hours. Best practice is to keep this below 5%.
Daily Window Warning 45% of weekday backups complete within a 12 hour window. Best practice is 85%+.
I am looking for guidance on what this actually refers to and what the sliding scale looks like.
1. Will Storage Efficiency change to good if disk is a backup target?
2. Will Data Retention change to Good if all data is retained between 30 - 90 days?
3. What should the throughput be for the Server Scalability metric?
4. Is Client Performance purely related to the 8 hour time frame?
5. The same for Daily Window?