Excuse me, but let me ask directly: What do you want at all?
1. question: How to add another storage node?
2. question: Can I move devices to the SN?
3. question: Can DDs be moved at all?
Sure they can - but how do you want to move them at all?
- Within the same or to a different data zone?
- The whole DD or a single device on the DD?
- Device and/or media as well?
- Keeping existing data or not?
If you just want to create a new DD device for the new SN you may of course also do that.
If it shall receive data for the same pool you may also stop writing to the existing DD device/volume as follows:
- UNMOUNT the current DD volume
- set the volume to 'read only'
- MOUNT - DO NOT LABEL - it again
It will lead to an endless discussion if you just mention every detail in a separate question instead letting us know the scenario.
Thank you for the reply and sorry for the confusion.
Our networker server is also acting as a storage node currently and it has 362 devices connected to it.
This has caused the networker server to hang every weekend during weekly full backups.
We want to add more storage nodes in the same data zones and move or associate existing datadomain devices to these new storage nodes. Without losing any data on the data domains.
1. How to do that? Install new storage node, and add it.but how to move datadomain devices to another storage node.
2. Licensing , can we work with the existing networker server license or do we need to purchase a separate storage node license?
3. Add storage node to clients, which we want to use the new storage node.
4. Would any changes be need to be made on the group level to make it use the data domains whose owner ship has changed?
If you have DDs, there is no reason to have so many devices for sure. Anyway, back to you questions:
Also when you say if its DD there is no reason to have so many devices. Do you mean its enough to create say 1 device for 1 pool, and the rest will be taken care by the data domain?