Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 17th, 2018 10:00

NDMP DSA restore is not working as expected

Hi All,

I have a setup with a central server managing NDMP Isilon DSA backups for multiple sites. Problem I am facing with this setup is DSA is working very well when doing backups. But during restore it completely ignores the DSA field which is the local Storage node setup for that site. It instead sends the data through Backup server which is siting in a different location, which impacts the restore speed and not exactly how I would want the data to flow.

For each Isilon at a given site we have a storage node which will act as a DSA to send its data to locally available DD.

I have used NSR_DSA_Server as well as NSR_REC_DSA_server is the application information field, but restore logs are showing that NSR_REC_DSA server is ignored as it is not local.

Anybody running a similar setup with centralized server doing backup of different geographic location???

January 17th, 2018 22:00

Ensure in the backup command you have nsrndmp_save -M -T dump -P sn-name

In case you want to spawn the entire ndmp process on sn , you could use -I option .

Nsrdump-save -M -T dump -I sn-name

You will have to remove nw_dsa_save_server

HTH

155 Posts

January 18th, 2018 09:00

Hi PrinceAijaz,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry I did not mention backup command already has -P sn-name, tried adding -I but didn't bring any change during restore. It is still picking up Backup server instead of SN.

No Events found!