Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

48 Posts

April 27th, 2022 07:00

NDMP recovery file and folder permission separately

Hello all,

I'm actually struggling with a possibilty I heard from two colleagues. I didn't find any helpful information which supports their proposition.

A NDMP recovery was done successfully, but there are some file and folder permissions missing. Instead of rerunning the recovery, it would be possible to recover only the file and folder permission (ACL) in seperate procedure.

This concerns a NetWorker environment with NetApp and also Dell filers.

Any ideas to that?

Thanks a lot.

2.4K Posts

April 27th, 2022 13:00

I have never heard of such request. And I am sure that this is not possible with the standard tools. Otherwise, any unauthorized person could just get access to the data.

Technically, it might be possible but then one must dig much deeper. The Dell/EMC experts (professional services) might know a solution.

data

1 Rookie

• 

48 Posts

May 3rd, 2022 01:00

Thanks a lot for your input. I also asked Dell for support, but they don't know the possibility either . It's seems to be impossible or only extremely difficult.

May 8th, 2022 08:00

Might be worth your while also checking the earlier backup completions to see if anything was mentioned wrg to acl's that still caused the backups to succeed but possibly with some warnings?

Ndmp backups havr also addititiobal application informartion settings to be set wrg to acl's depending on how things are setup and/or used by the filer clients? For example windows systems using the shares or rather linux?

No Events found!