Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 15th, 2017 03:00

NMC 9.1 auth problem

Hello,

I try to logon NMC (Networker 9.1) a window appear : the password has either expired or an administrator has set the password change required attribute for the user account. specify a new password that meets the password policy defined for the Networker Authentication Service.

once I enter the new password it says: password and new password must match and cannot be empty.

I followed the procedure to reset password(on EMC Networker security  it does not work.

any help?

2.4K Posts

November 15th, 2017 07:00

The behavior you see is the default one. If you do not change it, then the existing password will expire after (90?) days.

Just replace it and change the default behavior for the appropriate NMC user. You may select Password Never Expires, but only for a new password.

155 Posts

November 16th, 2017 07:00

Which part of resetting did not work and can you share what steps you have followed. If old password is still working and taking you to "change it" screen...you will have to enter the new password twice.....and you should be good with new password.

Do not forget to disable Password Never Expires to avoid this cycle again after 90 days.

22 Posts

November 28th, 2017 00:00

Hello,

thank you for your answers.

as mentioned before I cannot access NMC to desable password never expire setting.

after following the procedure to reset password it works the error was while renaming the auth file and in executing the authc_mgmt -u administrator -p "1.Password" -e find-all-users command( password without "")

regards

No Events found!