Networkrer 18.104.22.168 Windows 2012r2
For some inexplicable reason, my NMC has started freezing upon its connection to the Networker server. It just sits and spins at 33%. I decided yesterday to just leave it overnight, and this morning, its still spinning in the exact same place. Nsrwatch does the same thing.
This started yesterday morning, so at that point, I killed all Networker process, renamed the nsr/tmp folder, and started process back up, and the same situation still occurs. I'm sure many of you have encountered this, but I cannot kill backups to fix this issue. Anyone found a solution for good workaround for this yet?
p.s. I also sometime see this message below when this happens.
It looks like network issue. You may also check if some box on your network (rarely it happens, but it does) didn't hijack localhost entry and registered it via DHCP (I have seen couple of appliances and some Samsung TVs do exactly that).
I went into task manager and killed the Java web launcher, which shuts down the GUI. Then i logged back into the NMC. This clears out the issue of the hang at 33% trying connect to the networker server. i can the navigate throughout the NMC, and see all of my devices, disk/tape volumes, etc. But, under "monitoring", i cannot kill or start any jobs. Then, if I click on any of the jobs to try and view them, is when the issue will occur with the "connecting to the networker server" hanging at 33%.
It is hard to say what it is. I don't think it is java since then nsrwatch would not exhibit same pattern. Normally, NMC messages in NW9 have a limit and they are automatically killed so you need to relogin while in NMC. I assume that part works fine. I personally didn't see that before with NW9, but I find strange that you get errors about vSphere as that may suggest some general network issue on backup server side (as obviously to and from the same box are affected here). While I understand that you probably can't kill the server just to see what happens (I would reboot the whole box), You can still check system and application logs just to see if there is any additional hint to this.
Since the issues seemed to revolve mainly around my ability to control any jobs, or even view them, i renamed the jobsdb folder, and cleaned up the nsr/tmp folder again. Then, i went back in, and relaunched a job, and it is now running, and i can access all job details. Not sure if that was the preferred method, or more of a scorched-earth method, but it seems to have helped. NSRwatch now works as well.
Not sure I understand that, but i did make sure all processes were stopped before i performed those steps. Since i could not see or control any running jobs, I took that outage.