EmreOZ
1 Copper

NMM error

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I am having problem with the new NMM while backing up EXCHANGE 2010 Dag system. I never managed to trigger the backup through the NMC for the DAG name but I was able to backup the system from one of the nodes by the command line. Unfortunately this command line started  not to have backups and when I run the "nsrsnap_vss_save -?" command it creates the error down below;

C:\>nsrsnap_vss_save -?
NMM .. changing backup name LVNEXC02 to primary name lvnexc02.xxxxxxx.xxx for
multi NIC client.

List of valid saveset entries for APPLICATIONS on client lvnexc02.xxxxxxx.xxx.
Initializing data to display...
63362:nsrsnap_vss_save:NMM .. error received during Replication Manager gatherin
g of Writer metadata.  Details in nmm.raw on lvnexc02.xxxxxxx.xxxx.
49931:nsrsnap_vss_save:RM .. 024077 ERROR:Unable to get the writer metadata for
Microsoft Exchange Replica Writer ({be000cbe-11fe-4426-9c58-531aa6355fc4})
49931:nsrsnap_vss_save:RM .. 024077 ERROR:Unable to get the writer metadata for
Microsoft Exchange Replica Writer ({be000cbe-11fe-4426-9c58-531aa6355fc4})
63351:nsrsnap_vss_save:NMM .. failed to successfully gather VSS metadata for act
ive writers -- error 0x8007139f. Backup cannot continue.
The requested display of supported Writer formats cannot be provided due to erro
r -- 0x8007139f in processing.
68150:nsrsnap_vss_save:nsrsnap_vss_save: Exiting with success.

I searched for the error code 0x8007139f on powerlink, google, microsoft but could not reach something solid. Is there any one who met this error before?

Thank you.

Emre OZTURK

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
36115_carloscor
3 Argentium

Re: NMM error

Jump to solution

Hello Emre,

This looks to me as a possible permissions issue.

Please check the user set to start up the service called "Replication Manager for Exchange Interface".

This user needs to have the following permissions:

- Exchange Organization.

- Domain Administrator

- Local Administrator

I would also suggest you to download and install NMM Config Checker 1.1, available under the following path in Powerlink:

Home >                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Support >                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Software Downloads and Licensing >                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Downloads J-O >                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        NetWorker Module

When running NMM Config Checker, you will be prompted to add the credentials. Please use the same credentials you have set for this service and check out the results.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Carlos.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
36115_carloscor
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

Hello Emre,

This looks to me as a possible permissions issue.

Please check the user set to start up the service called "Replication Manager for Exchange Interface".

This user needs to have the following permissions:

- Exchange Organization.

- Domain Administrator

- Local Administrator

I would also suggest you to download and install NMM Config Checker 1.1, available under the following path in Powerlink:

Home >                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Support >                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Software Downloads and Licensing >                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Downloads J-O >                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        NetWorker Module

When running NMM Config Checker, you will be prompted to add the credentials. Please use the same credentials you have set for this service and check out the results.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Carlos.

0 Kudos
EmreOZ
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hello Carlos,

I did not noticed that, the service was down. I tried to enable it but did not let me because of the permission. I will get exchange admin to do it. I will update as soon as I get the result.

Thank you very much.

Emre

0 Kudos
Highlighted
EmreOZ
1 Copper

Jump to solution

It is working now!..

Thank you..

0 Kudos