Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 19th, 2015 06:00

NSRGET does not produce output

HI,

I have downloaded nsrget and tried to run it on a Win2012 (NW V 8.2.1)  and WIn2008-2 (NW 8.1.1.9) Networker server. It does start and does something but the EMCReports folder is in both cases empty. The "Collection" folder is there but nothing below it.

What could be the most possible reason(s) ?

PS: I don't have a SR and just typed in 98765432. The value was accepted...

Rgds,

Johan

79 Posts

Hi Mark,

The account has access to the bin directory

Run as admin is used.

WMI is running

the Networker bin directory (where nsrexecd lives) is in the path

????

Regards,

Johan

240 Posts

Are there any messages in the event view of the server?  That may help us narrow down what the issue is.

Please look at the security EV as well as application.

Thank you,

Mark

240 Posts

Here are a couple of possible issues:

The nsrget script is copied to NetWorker's binary path on every run,placing it in the command path for subsequent runs. This means the account used to run the script needs permission to place the script in that directory.

On Windows systems, the script may encounter errors if the command is NOT executed by right-clicking the Command icon and selecting 'Run as Administrator' on Windows 2008+ systems, due to underlying security architectural issues. In this case: Move the .nsrget files manually to the /nsr/util directory after moving ftp2emc and nsrget scripts to the NetWorker binary path. In all cases, remove the .nsrget extension.

If "Windows Management Instrumentation" service is not running, the systeminfo command will fail, causing a cascade of failures.

If nsrexecd is NOT in the system path, nor in the well-known paths, the script will fail to proceed.

Please let me know if this helps answer the question.

Mark

79 Posts

June 25th, 2015 06:00

I missed some files playing a role in nsrget. tx

Johan

No Events found!