Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 7th, 2019 21:00

NW 18.1 and NMM181 Exchange error "Unable to initialize Powershell and/or Active Directory interfaces"

HI all, I'm doing a client installation on an Exchange Server 2016 using Networker 18.1 and the Networker Module for Microsoft 18.1. When I try to launch the Configure Exchange Admin User, and click on the Update Admin "Unable to initialize Powershell and/or Active Directory interfaces" I first thought is to run the regasm "C:\Program Files\EMC NetWorker\nsr\bin\libnmexchmgmt.dll" But there is no libnmexchmgmt.dll in the above folder. May I know if I made some mistake during the installation that could cause the error above? I'm using a local super user (Maybe I should have asked for Domain User ?)

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

August 7th, 2019 22:00

Extract from the admin guide -

"To use the NMM Exchange Admin Configuration tool, you must be logged in with
domain administrator permissions. You can use a non-administrative user to run the
NMM Exchange Admin Configuration tool only if you select Skip Active Directory
Authentication and configure the user with the tool on each Exchange Server node."

You should be logged in as an domain admin not just a domain user. Try this and see how that goes.

17 Posts

August 7th, 2019 22:00

Sure. I am planning to do that when I'm onsite tomorrow. Will let you know if this work.

2.4K Posts

August 13th, 2019 20:00

I am pretty sure that you must use the one for Domain.One. The client site matters.

If one has documented the previous installation process, it should be noted in there.

17 Posts

Noted. Thanks for the fast reply

17 Posts

I'm still waiting for customer arrangement so cannot give any update here. But, right now I realise I have 2 domain here The Networker server is on Domain.local and the Exchange client is at Domain.One May I know, which domain administrator permissions I should have the customer to create for me? Thanks
No Events found!