Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 19th, 2007 06:00

NW Server 7.3.2 with two NICs

Hi,

I have a NW server ( W2003 R2) with two NICs ( production and management). I have 14 clients with only one NIC (production).

Yesterday after I rebooted the NW server I could not access any information through my Management Console. After some investigation, I found that Networker was listening on the wrong NIC (management). I disabled the management NIC and rebooted the NW Server and everything came back OK.

Is there any way I can configure Networker to listen on a specific NIC so the problem does not happen again?

Thank you for your help.
Regards
Habib

14.3K Posts

July 19th, 2007 11:00

NetWorker server interface is client property which only says to which address client will send data (both restores and backup). Server will always listen on primary NIC and will use that NIC for its own identity. If that was gets swapped you will need to swap it back.

14.3K Posts

July 19th, 2007 06:00

What probably happened was that your NICs changed order - which is something that happens in Windows world sometimes.

NW server by default listens on primary NIC. If that changes (as it sometimes does in Windows world) you may get this issue.

455 Posts

July 19th, 2007 09:00

Thanks for the info.

But how can I get NW to listen to a particular IP or NIC. Is there a configuration settings? or registry entry?

Regards
Habib

45 Posts

July 19th, 2007 10:00

In client definition (Globals 1 of 2) use in Server Network Interface the IP Address.

Regards

455 Posts

Hi,

Thanks again.

I understand the client setting side.

Is there a way this can be configured in NW itself so the settings does not change if the server get rebooted...etc?

Regards
Habib

14.3K Posts

No as that has nothing to do with NW. From my experience this happens very very rarely and majority of customers even never does see that happening - so it could that you had just bad day.
No Events found!